|It’s time for a change to empower and advance Idaho
According to some media pundits, this primary election is about a battle for the “heart and soul” of the GOP and that Senator Russ Fulcher’s challenging of Governor Butch Otter is from the “fringe” and the “far right”. This characterization is simply not true.
Let’s examine the “heart and soul” of the GOP as we have seen it for the last several years under Governor Otter so Idahoans can decide for themselves. According to its actions, the heart and soul of Governor Otter’s political machine is:
1. Signing on to Barack Obama’s policies without considering alternatives.
2. Putting off the tough decisions in favor of “gettin’ me re-elected.”
3. Suing the federal government over Obamacare, signing on to the healthcare freedom act, and then putting our tail between our legs and walking away.
4. Employing two lobbyists to lead his campaign staff and having lobbyists serve as campaign coordinators.
5. Bending procurement rules to give a crony contract to a campaign donor, then using tax payer money to defend the corrupt deal in the Supreme Court.
6. Using money allocated for food stamps to pay salaries and bonuses.
7. Delaying an investigation into CCA for a year, settling with taxpayer money, and releasing liability just before the FBI investigates – and if that isn’t enough – two of the lobbyists that are leading Otter’s campaign mentioned above also represents CCA.
8. Allowing abortion-inducing drugs to be funded by taxpayers.
9. Appointment of his campaign treasurer to run the tax commission and allegedly give deals to friends.
10. Saying he will eliminate the Department of Administration during his campaign and instead appointing his best friend to run it after he was elected.
Like most Republicans, Russ Fulcher believes the “Heart and Soul” of the Republican Party lay in fiscal responsibility and prudent government, economic opportunity, choice and competition in healthcare, pro-life and individual liberty for all Idahoans – there’s nothing fringe about it. The heart and soul of the GOP want transparent, ethical leadership that serve the people. The heart and soul of the GOP want someone who walks the talk and has the record to prove it.