The Kuna Melba News is seeking an experienced Advertising Sales Representative. We’re looking for candidates who understand our community and want to assist the local businesses by capitalizing on marketing within our publications. It’s a must that you understand the elements of print advertising and take a creative and consultative approach to serving our advertisers. You will be building and nurturing relationships that we value tremendously so this is an important role.
Although you will work independently, you will be working as part of a small closely-knit team so chemistry is a must. It is imperative that you are balanced in your ability to sell as well as take care of the details required to manage a client from cradle to grave (so to speak).
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Grow existing accounts and acquire new clients
- Maintaining sales activity through CRM
- Maintaining and adhering to established production deadlines
- Attending trade shows, fairs, chamber of commerce events, and other local business networking opportunities
- Negotiate ad rates and structure contracts to meet the long term goals of the publication
- Take an active role in the design of special publication to meet the current needs of the local business community
- Conducting face-to-face client meetings
- Perform daily account management duties
- Work with other newspaper staff to ensure customer’s expectations are being exceeded
- Conduct sales activity with high degree of integrity adhering to company policy
- Other special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of a media sales background
- Experience in newspaper publishing is preferred
- Website and social media background a plus
Please submit a resume and a solid cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how you would fit with our team and you would best serve our community.
RIM Publications offers an excellent benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, 401K and generous paid time off policies.