The Kuna Melba News is looking for an experienced advertising salesperson responsible for prospecting, identifying opportunities, building new business relationships and generating revenue for online and print products to include display, classified, and print advertising inserts for the newspaper as well as special feature publications.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
• Grow existing accounts and acquire new clients
• Maintaining and adhering to established production deadlines
• Attending trade shows, fairs, chamber of commerce events, and other local business networking opportunities
• Take an active role in the design of special publication to meet the current needs of the local business community
• Conducting face-to-face client meetings
• Perform daily account management duties
• Work with other newspaper staff to ensure customer’s expectations are being exceeded
• Conduct sales activity with high degree of integrity adhering to company policy
• Other special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required
Education and Experience
• Three to five years of media sales background
• Experience in newspaper publishing is preferred
• Website and social media background a plus
Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Entrepreneurial spirit combined with a “hunter” mentality
• Ability to build relationship with a variety of personality types
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong negotiating skills
• Plan, organize, and schedule workload effectively
• Highly motivated with a positive attitude and desire to succeed
AND, if you reached the end, what we really need is someone who is personable, efficient, productive, is passionate about being the best and will have a great time doing it. We really need someone who can be part of a small, closely-knit team and help us translate our passion for what we do into a better product for the community.
To apply, send a resume and include a descriptive cover letter that explains who you are and how you can add to our team. This cover letter will be as important, if not more so, than your resume so those that are generic in nature will not be given consideration. Also, make sure to include compensation expectations, as we want to make sure this is a good fit for both sides.
Please send your cover and resume to email@example.com